Here’s the wrap:
• Hershey is suing over marijuana candy with similar sounding names and wrapping.
The tainted treats, with names like Rasta Reese’s, Keef Kat, Puff-A-Mint Pattie and Stoney Rancher, were sold to California state-authorized medicinal marijuana shops, according to police. Stickers on the treats’ packaging resembled labels of Hershey’s Reese’s Peanut Cups, Kit Kat, York Peppermint Pattie and Jolly Rancher.
• Proving you can’t keep a good mythical water beast down, the Loch Ness Monster is back.
• Proving that you can’t get enough of a good mythical place, Universal has plans for a Hogwarts theme park?! Sweet!
• Associated Press picks the five most vulnerable hurricane areas. Charleston doesn’t make the list, but New York does. I guess it depends on your definition of vulnerable.
• Prolific spammer arrested. Spam expected to noticeably drop. Where oh where will I find the Viagra I don’t need and the straight porn I don’t want!
Stay cool. Support City Paper.
City Paper has been bringing the best news, food, arts, music and event coverage to the Holy City since 1997. Support our continued efforts to highlight the best of Charleston with a one-time donation or become a member of the City Paper Club.