Here’s the Wrap:
• Worried about the boyfriend of yours that just loves Kelly Clarkson? Check the whorl.
• Julia Roberts has baby No. 3. It seems the Well of Odd Hollywood Baby Names has run dry, as Roberts settles for Henry.
• Here’s today’s submissions for replacement slogans for the infamous “Mission Accomplished” banner.
— “We Have A Lot of Heavy Lifting To Do” and “Many, Many Challenges” submitted by Gen. David Patraeus
— “Disappointed By the Progress” submitted by Defense Secretary Robert Gates
— “A Big Disappointment” submitted by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell
• Couple avoiding jail time for tax evasion are armed and refusing to leave their compound. If there’s one thing that Alberto Gonzales doesn’t need, it’s a Janet Reno style diversion.
• Why am I confident that the legislature can agree on a budget this week? Here’s why:
If South Carolina lawmakers can’t agree on a state budget in the coming week, state workers would see less money in their paychecks and public college students could see double-digit tuition hikes. Income and grocery taxes will not be cut. Old school buses will not be replaced.
Stay cool. Support City Paper.
City Paper has been bringing the best news, food, arts, music and event coverage to the Holy City since 1997. Support our continued efforts to highlight the best of Charleston with a one-time donation or become a member of the City Paper Club.