[image-1]Here’s the Wrap:
• Walt Disney created a secret society with members able to request any Disney character at their meal for an initial $9,500 and more than $3,000 a year.
The Internet is full of myths and secrets about Club 33. Many revolve around the Trophy Room, which incorporates microphones in each chandelier and a vulture that can talk. Walt Disney intended to spice up dinners by having the vulture converse with guests.
Put me at the front of the line at Space Mountain and then we’ll talk.
• 14 U.S. troops killed in the past two days in Iraq.
• Look pretty ladies. Prince William turns 25 today, getting a hold of the first bits of his wealth.
As well as the extra money, William also can marry without the consent of his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, now that he is 25.
I see a new season of Bachelor in our future.
• Russia is still begging for our attention. Sorry, comrades, but Putin just doesn’t portray “doom” like Ahmadinejad.
• State legislators approve a budget with new school buses, no grocery sales tax, and lower income tax rates. But does it do windows? I don’t think so.
Stay cool. Support City Paper.
City Paper has been bringing the best news, food, arts, music and event coverage to the Holy City since 1997. Support our continued efforts to highlight the best of Charleston with a one-time donation or become a member of the City Paper Club.