[image-1]With less than two hours to go, here’s five sad stories from the iPhone line, via CNN. In the spirit of full disclosure, I’ve got to tell you that I would buy this phone in a second if I didn’t have a mortgage, a car, and, you know, the need to eat.
1. A 54-year-old marketing specialist who was first in line claimed he’d been offered $1,200 for his slot.
2. The man who was fifth in line was planning to propose to his girlfriend with a ring and an iPhone.
3. For lunch Friday, a 44 year-old graphic designer who was No. 88 in line ordered foie gras and sparkling lemonade delivered.
4. Evan Herman, 28, first went to an AT&T store several blocks away, but said the line was too short. “Half the fun is the experience of the line,” said Herman, adding that there was talk within the line of having a post-purchase celebration.
5. Customers can also order an iPhone at Apple’s online store.
Stay cool. Support City Paper.
City Paper has been bringing the best news, food, arts, music and event coverage to the Holy City since 1997. Support our continued efforts to highlight the best of Charleston with a one-time donation or become a member of the City Paper Club.