[image-1]Here’s the Wrap:
• Bush says he’s optimistic because Iraq is doing about half of what we told them to do. Wow. It’s like we’re raising a teenage democracy. I’m serious. Didn’t your father make that face at you when you were a kid?
• Big wreck on the Tour de France. Riders optimistic because, well, if Bush can be optimistic in Iraq, anything is possible. Shoot, I’m optimistic I can teach birds to sing and turn back time and make my dog poop in the toilet. The world is my oyster. Thanks, optimism!
* Queen Elizabeth wants you to know she is not a diva — she’s a queen. No, I don’t know what the difference is either.
• You shouldn’t listen to your iPod in a lightening storm. No kidding.
A Canadian jogger suffered wishbone-shaped chest and neck burns, ruptured eardrums and a broken jaw when lightning traveled through his music player’s wires.
• A cause for climate concern: cow burps. Yes, we’re talking to you, Bessie.
Stay cool. Support City Paper.
City Paper has been bringing the best news, food, arts, music and event coverage to the Holy City since 1997. Support our continued efforts to highlight the best of Charleston with a one-time donation or become a member of the City Paper Club.