Here’s the Wrap:
• Bush says he’s optimistic because Iraq is doing about half of what we told them to do. Wow. It’s like we’re raising a teenage democracy. I’m serious. Didn’t your father make that face at you when you were a kid?
• Big wreck on the Tour de France. Riders optimistic because, well, if Bush can be optimistic in Iraq, anything is possible. Shoot, I’m optimistic I can teach birds to sing and turn back time and make my dog poop in the toilet. The world is my oyster. Thanks, optimism!
* Queen Elizabeth wants you to know she is not a diva — she’s a queen. No, I don’t know what the difference is either.
• You shouldn’t listen to your iPod in a lightening storm. No kidding.
A Canadian jogger suffered wishbone-shaped chest and neck burns, ruptured eardrums and a broken jaw when lightning traveled through his music player’s wires.
• A cause for climate concern: cow burps. Yes, we’re talking to you, Bessie. Love Best of Charleston? Help the Charleston City Paper keep Best of Charleston going every year with a donation. Or sign up to become a member of the Charleston City Paper club.
Featured Local Savings
Love Best of Charleston?
Help the Charleston City Paper keep Best of Charleston going every year with a donation. Or sign up to become a member of the Charleston City Paper club.