• Sen. John McCain (in town Wednesday) angers Muslims and Jews with his comments that a Christian should run the country. But really, that’s like five votes lost. He should have just said a straight, fully-mobile, white Christian and got rid of all 10 minority voters in the GOP.
• A man tries to enter the U.S. embassy in Bosnia (wow, remember that war-torn country) with grenades in his bag, along with Islamic literature. Say what you will about J.K. Rowling, this stuff never happens with Harry Potter readers.
• One Charlotte ticket for the Hannah Montana show sold for $2,565. As the guy who gets irked at a $8 movie ticket, I’m speechless.
• A Congressional report says Blackwater has been shooting innocent Iraqis and covering it up. Sure, with a menacing name like that you don’t expect them leading the bake sale, do you?
• Two brothers stab each other at mom’s birthday. Look for it next week on Grey’s Anatomy.
• Pam Anderson is set to wed the man who taped “One Night In Paris.” Do we even have to ask if a camera will be packed for the honeymoon?
Stay cool. Support City Paper.
City Paper has been bringing the best news, food, arts, music and event coverage to the Holy City since 1997. Support our continued efforts to highlight the best of Charleston with a one-time donation or become a member of the City Paper Club.