Here’s the Wrap:
• President Bush will be giving the final State of the Union of his administration. “It’s not necessarily dead, but deaf,” says astronomer Jonathan McDowell. Wait … he wasn’t talking about the White House. There’s a U.S. spy satellite crashing to Earth. Gee, hard to see how we could have gotten those mixed up.
• Rudy Giuliani tells Floridians he’s endorsed by nobody.They’ll certainly prove that point tomorrow.
• New home sales fell 26 percent, the sharpest drop in recent history. Look out for the “Buy One, Get One Free” deal coming to a crumbling market near you.
• A former Goose Creek security guard impersonates a police officer. And here we thought that was their job.
• Clay Aiken says he’s not Justin Timberlake. Honey, you ain’t kidding.
Stay cool. Support City Paper.
City Paper has been bringing the best news, food, arts, music and event coverage to the Holy City since 1997. Support our continued efforts to highlight the best of Charleston with a one-time donation or become a member of the City Paper Club.