[image-1] COVID-19 updates: The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) announced 97 new cases of the coronavirus today, bringing the state total to 6,936.
Battle at the Beach: Charleston County is in a battle with the City of Folly Beach over their refusal to fully reopen the beach community to non-residents. When asked about the issue, Gov. Henry McMaster said it was up to the local municipalities and their mayors to make a decision. The county is threatening legal action if Folly Beach Mayor Tim Goodwin doesn’t lift the restrictions.
WHAT WE’RE READING:
Vox: “1 million Americans live in RVs. Here’s how we’re coping with the pandemic”
CNBC: “Nearly a fifth of Wendy’s US restaurants are out of beef, analyst says.”
Bloomberg: “One of the World’s Best Restaurants Might Not Reopen for Business”
Associated Press: “Favre received welfare money for no-show speeches.”
Los Angeles Times: “Rotting food. Hungry masses. Chaotic supply chains. Coronavirus upends the U.S. food system”
The rest from the City Paper:
– “We need to rethink some things” to emerge from this pandemic stronger
– Middleton Place has reopened for self-guided tours
– Jah Jr. embraces vocals and happiness on his latest LP, Here I Go
– Baguette Magic is all-in on new weekly grocery delivery service
– The world of online streaming services features some real winners