DISCLAIMER: We look forward to Best of Charleston every year, and we want you to have fun voting too! But, we check every category for suspected fraudulent activity, and we have a strict no-cheating policy (this includes buying bots to vote, spamming the system for votes, etc.). Please participate the right way and campaign for your votes! We’ve even created fun graphics you can use on social, websites and emails.
It’s hard to believe, but it’s time to decide, once and for all, the Best of Charleston 2023.
With our two-stage voting system that has drawn a record number of voters in past years, we want to make sure you have all the tools you need to give your business (or your favorite locals!) the edge.
Feel free to use anything you want from this page and use it to help get you over the top! The ballot’s nearly 400 categories are divided up into eight sections. So, see which category you’re in and start promoting!
First, the essential info:
Final Voting: Wed., Feb. 15 at 12 a.m. through Wed., March 8 at 11:59 p.m.
How to share:
Find the category group below that best describes you or your business. Then, click the link and find the specific category you’re hoping to be nominated for (i.e. Best Hair Salon is under Recreation, Health and Beauty). Once you’ve selected your Best of category, copy that specific URL leading to Best Hair Salon (or whatever your category may be) and share it!
Not sure which category group you or your business falls under? Check out this breakdown of categories below.
Attractions and City Living: chscp.co/city23
Culture, Arts and Entertainment: chscp.co/arts23
Health and Beauty: chscp.co/health23
Politics, News and Media: chscp.co/media23
Recreation & Outdoors: chscp.co/outdoors23
Attractions and City Living
- Attractions, major events and festivals
- Farmers markets and pop-up markets
- Daycares, schools, apartment complexes and property management companies, neighborhoods, workplaces, churches, public spaces, hotels, bed and breakfasts and tour companies
Culture, Arts and Entertainment
- Art galleries, museums
- Actors, musicians and performers
- Places of entertainment (movie theaters, music venues, bars with trivia nights)
- Any food-related business
- Ex. Best Barbecue, Best Caterer, Best Artisanal Food Product
- Pubs, bars, wine bars, dance clubs, adult establishments
- Bartenders, bar staff, bouncers, sommeliers
- Retail beer, wine and spirits shops
- Specific types of drinks: frozen drinks, Bloody Marys, Boba/Bubble tea, coffee, juice/smoothies, martinis, etc.
- Breweries, distilleries, taprooms
Health & Beauty
- Beauty services (hair salons, barber shops, nail salons, aestheticians, waxing salons, spas, tanning salons) Also: piercing shops, tattoo studios and tattoo artists
- Health services (doctors, chiropractors, acupuncturists, dentists, hospitals, etc.)
Recreation & Outdoors
- Recreational activities and shops (bike shops, dive shops, surf shops, fish and tackle shops, bowling alleys golf course, marinas, places to buy a boat, etc.)
- Exercise-related businesses and people (yoga studios, pilates, cycling, barre, best athlete)
Politics, News and Media
- Public figures (ex. Best Charlestonian, Best Do-gooder/Activist, etc.)
- Media figures (writers, news anchors, reporters, radio show hosts, etc.)
- Social media and websites (ex. Best Instagram, Best Twitter Feed, Best Website, etc.)
- Social happenings (ex. Best News Story of 2022)
- Legal services
- Auto services
- Utilities services and home repairs (electricians, plumbers, floor installation, home painter, home remodeler, etc.)
- Security services
- Insurance providers
- Mortgage companies, real estate companies and realtors
- Transportation services (limos, party bus, taxis)
- Event-related services (photographers, videographers, event planners, wedding venues)
- Best Pet Groomers & Pet Trainers
- Retailers and stores
- Consignment shops, thrift/resale shops and pawn shops
- Grocery stores
- Malls/shopping centers