The Best of Charleston 2021 party — Charleston’s biggest and best private party of the year — is just around the corner and we’re excited to toast the best of Charleston!
- WHEN: 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., Sept. 29, 2021
- WHERE: Firefly Distillery, 4201 Spruill Ave., North Charleston, SC
- BAND: The Dubplates
- FUN: Three surprise tropical “outdoor rooms”
- EAT/DRINK: Lots of great food and open bar
- PARKING: Free. You may want to get a ride if you plan to drink.
- TICKETS: Free to winners and sponsors. Sent by email.
- SAFETY: COVID-19 safety protocols in place. See below.
- CHARITY: A share of this year’s revenue will go to the S.C. Institute for Independent Journalism. You also can donate today. (http://www.scindependentjournalism.org)
GUEST SAFETY AND ENTRY PROTOCOLS
- IDENTIFICATION REQUIRED. At entry, each guest must provide a ticket and identification to verify he or she is 21 years of age or older. Each guest then will receive a wristband that they must wear throughout the party to receive alcoholic beverages.
- BRING PROOF OF VACCINATION OR NEGATIVE TEST. At entry, each guest will be required to document proof of a COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the 6:30 p.m. starting time of the party. This requirement is intended to best protect all guests.
- MASKS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED. Each guest is strongly encouraged to wear a mask at the party, except when actively eating or drinking. Health care professionals cautioned us that even if guests have been vaccinated, they may unwittingly spread the virus when in close contact with others.
Vendors and entertainers will be required to wear masks and frequently cleanse their hands when interacting with guests. The Charleston City Paper has requested all vendors and entertainers to be vaccinated or have a negative COVID-19 exam within 72 hours of the event.