Hours before Live 5 WCSC reporter Tracey Amick filed an incident report accusing Carroll “Tumpy” Campbell of harassing her via e-mail and telephone calls, Campbell filed an incident report with the Charleston Police Department of his own, alleging that Amick “took several large furniture items” from his home.

According to Campbell’s incident report, he and Amick had been broken up for approximately three weeks when he allowed Amick to stay at his residence on Nov. 11 so “she could get some personal things straightened out.”

Campbell told police that he was out of town during this time, but when he returned to the Charleston residence he “noticed his household belonging[s] were missing.” According to the incident report, the missing items include a bed, two lamps, an end table, a large chest, a 47 inch TV, two book shelves, a sofa and coffee table, and other items.

The report notes that the complex in which Campbell resides “is equipped with surveillance cameras and the manager was notified about the incident for further investigation.”

As previously reported, Amick has accused former fiance Campbell of “harassing her via telephone, e-mails, and text messages,” according to a CPD incident report. Campbell, who runs the political lobbying firm Carroll Campbell and Associates, ran for the Republican nomination for the U.S. House First District seat this year and lost. Campbell was the first candidate to throw his hat into the ring. Tim Scott, a late entry into the race, won the nomination and is now a member of the U.S. House of Representatives.

According to the police report, Amick ended her engagement to Campbell in July, but the pair continued to reside at the same Charleston residence. On Oct. 16, the report states that Amick and Campbell “got into a verbal argument at which time she cemented the fact that the relationship was over.”

Since that time, Amick told police that Campbell had “sent numerous e-mails and text messages begging [her] to reconcile.” According to the report, Amick showed the reporting officer over 100 e-mails in which Campbell asked her not to “end the relationship and that he ‘will not give up.'” Amick reportedly told Campbell “to cease contacting her,” but he “has not stopped.”

The incident report also notes that “these messages are of a non-threatening nature.” According to the report, Amick has not been residing at her and Campbell’s shared residence.

The report also states that Amick was told about “restraining/protective order procedures.”

Campbell’s attorney David Aylor told the City Paper, “Like in most domestic situations, allegations are often made when relations end, and in many cases comments are made without merit. Mr. Campbell is trying to resolve this personal issue and request privacy as this matter is resolved as would anyone going through a similar situation.”

Stanley Feldman, a Charleston attorney representing Amick, said it would not be appropriate for his client to discuss Amick’s incident report.