Democratic candidates will be flowing in to Charleston on Friday, following the presidential debate in Orangeburg on Thursday night.
• At 10 a.m., Sen. John Edwards will be stopping by Jack’s Restaurant, 4C George St. He’s expected to walk from the Francis Marion Hotel to the restaurant to meet the mid-morning crowd (read: supporters, tourists, hungover college kids).
• At 11 a.m., Chris Dodd will be at St. Julian Devine Community Center, 1 Cooper St., to talk about homeownership.
• At 2:30 p.m., Sen. Barack Obama will be hosting a town hall forum at Burke High School. Tickets will be required to attend the event and can be picked up at:
• Buffalo South on Folly Road
• Cafe Pardiso on Market Street
• Jasmine’s Eclectic Soul Food on Montague Avenue.
• Klipper Kings Barber Shop on Ashley Hall Road
• Kudu Coffee on Vanderhorst Street
• Monster Music Cuisine on Orleans Road
• Ravenous Reader on Folly Road
•Whipper Law Firm on Durant Avenue
The Democrats aren’t the only ones coming to town. Sen. John McCain will be holding an event at 6 p.m. Thursday night at the South Carolina Aquarium as part of his announcement tour.