Few South Carolina politicos can insult as many people and with as much panache as former SCGOP executive director Todd Kincannon. For those of you who haven’t been following @ToddKincannon‘s quixotic flame wars, recurring topics in the Columbia attorney’s 140-character missives have included:
• making fun of “the poors”
• following and making crude remarks about the attractive women of Twitter
• joining the Twitter Gulag Defense Network (#TGDN), where conservatives who say offensive things on Twitter can band together against perceived persecution from the Left
• debating liberals and defending conservatism
• debating atheists and defending Christianity (?!)
Finally, the Demon Lawyer of Richland Street is getting the national media attention he seems to crave, and it’s because of something he tweeted after the Super Bowl:
This Super Bowl sucks more dick than adult Trayvon Martin would have for drug money.
— Todd Kincannon (@ToddKincannon) February 4, 2013
A media frenzy ensued, and Dan Savage called the tweet (and Kincannon’s follow-up, in which he called Trayvon Martin “a dangerous thug who needed to be put down like a rabid dog”) “racist bullshit.” Responding to the outrage on Huffington Post, Kincannon had this to say:
The left has decided that Trayvon Martin was just this perfect little angel. He was a thug. He tweeted about drug use. This guy, he was a criminal, and the left has decided to make him some sort of martyr. That is what I don’t understand.
Meanwhile, the rest of us don’t understand what’s funny about a dead teenager.