With the hustle and bustle of the holidays, it’s easy to get stressed out and forget all of the amazing parts of our lives to be thankful for. Not only does this DIY project serve as a place card for your Thanksgiving table, but it also encourages everyone to look past the busyness of the holidays and take time each month to be thankful.
1. Print the PDF calendar templates onto card stock and trim paper to fit in the muslin bags.
2. Iron the muslin bags to ensure they’re wrinkle free.
3. Slide the pear stencil template into the muslin bag and adjust the position of the graphic accordingly — make sure to leave enough room for the recipient’s name underneath.
4. Trace the outline of the pear onto the muslin using the fabric marker.
5. Use the fabric marker to fill in shape of the pear with a pattern or solid — it’s up to you.
6. With card stock in place as a backing, write the name of each person. (Have bad handwriting? Print each person’s name in your favorite script font and trace over the outline.)
7. Allow fabric paint to dry and set according to manufacturer’s directions (usually by ironing).
8. Tuck the calendars and a sweet note into each muslin bag and adorn your Thanksgiving table.
Allison Nadeau is one-half of Ink Meets Paper (inkmeetspaperpress.com), a letterpress greeting card company that she runs with her husband Daniel in Park Circle.