Here’s the Wrap:
• Men talk as much as women … no joke here. I work with too many women and my mom is coming for a visit next week.
• Al Gore’s son seeking treatment for pot and pills. Before the sweeping comparisons with T Rav, he’s old enough to be Gore III’s dad.
* 1863 – United States begins first military draft; exemptions cost $100
* 1865 – American Civil War: Four conspirators in the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln were hanged.
* 1947 – Downed UFO believed to be found in the Roswell UFO incident.
* 1980 – Institution of sharia in Iran.
* 1980 – Last concert by rock band Led Zeppelin.
* 2005 – A series of four terrorist explosions occur on London’s transport system killing 52 people, plus four suicide bombers.
• Presidential irony on Iraq: President Bush urged the American public to be patient, saying he will not withdraw troops “prematurely based on politics.”
• 453 unidentified corpses showed up on Baghdad streets in June.
• Miss Charleston won the talent competition at the Miss South Carolina competition.