• Sanjaya lost American Idol and all I got was this freaking mohawkish thing.
• Robert Gates is heading to Iraq. I’m not sure if it’s the horrible carnage or that beautiful rug Lindsey brought back from the market.
• Gonzalez makes one last try at keeping his job.
• It’s Buddy the donkey for the defense.
Another man — wondering if an attack on Iran is in the works — wanted to know when America is going to “send an air mail message to Tehran.”
McCain began his answer by changing the words to a popular Beach Boys song.
“Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran,” he sang to the tune of Barbara Ann.
• The victims of Monday’s shooting will receive their college degrees.
• Grenade found in a car at Northwoods Mall. —GH