Week after week, City Paper writers toil away researching, interviewing, writing, and re-writing award-winning stories to go into our print issue every Wednesday. And week after week, we find that inevitably, it’s the short, snarky, and funny stuff that gets the most traction online. We get it, we’re the same way: For every deep-dive into small town politics you read, there are a dozen reality TV stories you have to read.
So without further ado, here are the top stories from 2014 on CharlestonCityPaper.com:
- Watch these dudes wakeboard down a flooded Charleston street
- That time Jim Cantore kneed a kid in the crotch at College of Charleston
- Official trailer for Bravo’s Southern Charm debuts, confirms everything we already knew
- Who is Southern Charm’s Whitney Sudler Smith?
- Thomas Ravenel accused of assaulting woman at his house
- Thomas Ravenel says he’s quitting Southern Charm
- USC Upstate closes gender studies center that booked lesbian play
- New ‘Survivor’ contestant John Rocker still spewing racist BS as a columnist
- That Time Bill Murray crashed some bros bachelor party in Charleston
- Southern Charm’s thomas Ravenel considers buying City Paper, wants to spank our editor