The Charleston County Council announced six vacancies in the Accommodations Tax Advisory Committee last week.
The Accommodations Tax Advisory Committee is a seven member board that makes recommendations to the Council on the expenditure of the funds from the state’s accommodations tax.
The board consists of two lodging representatives, a hospitality representative, a cultural representative, a representative who lives West of the Ashley, a representative who lives East of the Cooper, and a member at large who lives within Charleston County.
Vacancies for the committee are:
- 2 representatives of the lodging industry whose business is located in Charleston County
- 1 representative of the hospitality industry whose business is located in Charleston County
- 1 representative of cultural organizations located in Charleston County
- 1 representative who lives East of the Cooper (Mt. Pleasant, Awendaw, McClellanville, and South Santee)
- 1 member at large who lives in any area within Charleston County
To apply for an appointment to the committee, visit https://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/county-council/boards-commissions.php
Applications will be considered by the Council’s Finance Committee on Thurs. Apr. 18, with recommendations and voting by full Council at their meeting on Apr. 23.
For more information, call Deputy Clerk of Council Kristen Brame at (843) 958-4030 or visit www.charlestoncounty.org