Charleston chefs can’t serve you in their dining rooms right now, but they can help you create some of their favorite dishes at home. In the coming days, while local spots remain closed, we will bring you new recipes from local chefs at your favorite Charleston restaurants.
We could all use a brownie right now right? Here’s how DaVee Harned from Wild Olive makes hers.
Flour: 1 and 1/4 cups
Salt: 1 teaspoon
Cocoa Powder: 2 tablespoons
Dark Chocolate: 11 ounces
Butter: 1 cup
Sugar: 1 and 1/2 cups
Brown Sugar: 1/2 cup
Vanilla: 2 teaspoons
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Sift the flour, salt, and cocoa powder together and set aside.
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the sugars until well combined.
- Add half the eggs to the mixture until combined.
- Add the remaining eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Do not over beat the batter, it will make the brownies cakey.
- Fold in the flour mixture until just a bit of the flour mixture is visible.
- Bake in a 9×13 for about 30 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Stay cool. Support City Paper.
City Paper has been bringing the best news, food, arts, music and event coverage to the Holy City since 1997. Support our continued efforts to highlight the best of Charleston with a one-time donation or become a member of the City Paper Club.