The Tattooed Moose owners Mike and Jen Kulick will close their downtown location this fall, but fear not, duck club and porkstrami reuben fans: The restaurant will open in Park Circle two weeks after the Kulicks say farewell to 1137 Morrison Drive. Known for dive bar-style sandwiches, duck fat fries and a long list of craft beers, Tattooed Moose Park Circle will be located at 4845 Chateau Ave. in the North Charleston space that previously served as King of Pops’ headquarters and the studio of local artist Patch Whisky.
“If you have visited the Johns Island restaurant, the new location will feel very familiar, with a large indoor space, garage doors that open over the bar and music under the large oak tree,” according to a press release. “There will be a stage inside and one outside for local and touring musical acts.”
Tattooed Moose has been a downtown mainstay since opening in 2010. Two years later, the restaurant was featured on an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, when Mike showed Guy Fieri how to make “Mike’s Famous Duck Club.” The Kulicks later added a Johns Island location in 2015 and a Citadel Mall location in 2018, which closed in 2020.
Tattooed Moose is the latest Morrison Drive restaurant closing, as developers continue to march up the peninsula with new projects. Martha Lou’s Kitchen closed in 2020 after 37 years on Morrison Drive, and local food hub GrowFood Carolina has sold its 990 Morrison Drive warehouse with a contingency it can stay until the end of 2022.
An official opening date for Tattooed Moose Park Circle has not yet been announced, but the group is targeting mid-November, the press release said.
For more information, visit tattooedmoose.com.