1. The Joe. Go Back to Ohio Night. Thirsty Thursdays. Dog Day. No other sports venue in town has as many funny, funky, and family-friendly theme nights. Head on out and support the ‘Dogs.
2. Blackbaud Stadium. Has the World Cup given you futbol fever, too? If so, head on over to Blackbaud Stadium on Daniel Island to take in a game.
3. McAllister Field House. We love the Lowcountry HighRollers. We’re not going to hide it. But we really love the fact that now they have a home for the season. Swing on by McAllister at the Citadel and see the girls in action — on their brand new track.
4. The Windjammer. For those of you who don’t think that a bikini contest is a competitive sport, head on over to IOP’s Windjammer to watch locals play volleyball and get in on a game too.
5. 75 Calhoun Street. We’ve had Plan A versus Plan B, Brentwood versus Wando, and Buist versus Laing in arguably the toughest game in town: finding a way to move students out of seismically unsafe schools and making sure that all parties are happy with their new digs.
Stay cool. Support City Paper.
City Paper has been bringing the best news, food, arts, music and event coverage to the Holy City since 1997. Support our continued efforts to highlight the best of Charleston with a one-time donation or become a member of the City Paper Club.