[image-1]First things first: the City Paper‘s inaugural Charleston Margarita Festival is sold out, so if you don’t have tickets, this blog is not for you. If you do, however, have a coveted marg ticket to this Friday’s festival at the Charleston Maritime Center, we have some tips for how to best enjoy the evening. No lost shakers of salt here, y’all.
1) Have a transportation plan. Y’all know this, but, just a reminder: don’t drink and drive.
2) Have your ticket and ID ready when you arrive. We’ve never done this before, but we have a feeling the line to get in could be long. Help us get you to the booze faster, by having your ticket ready.
3) Hydrate. Harris Teeter will be providing free water, so there’s no excuse not to double fist a marg with a water bottle.
4) Don’t forget to vote. There are 15 participating bars and restaurants competing for title of Best Margarita. Each table will have a code that you can text in to vote for the winner, with some restaurants offering special deals in return.
5) Eat. Food will be available for purchase from Mex 1 and The Shelter Kitchen & Bar.
6) Snapchat. Yup, this fest has its very own snapchat geo-filter. Did you know you can create one for any and all events?
7) Visit the Casa Noble sponsor tent. All of the competitors are using Casa Noble to create their margaritas and guests can snag a sample of the tequila at the tent.
Stay cool. Support City Paper.
City Paper has been bringing the best news, food, arts, music and event coverage to the Holy City since 1997. Support our continued efforts to highlight the best of Charleston with a one-time donation or become a member of the City Paper Club.