Bring your appetite for the 2021 summer edition of Dish, the Charleston City Paper’s quarterly publication dedicated to detailing the storylines shaping Charleston’s dining industry.
In this edition, we’ve got the inside scoop on two new restaurants — one is serving the North Central neighborhood elevated diner-inspired fare, and the other is bringing a Parisian-style bistro to a historic Broad Street building.
On page 18, Jeff Allen gives his take on the cuisine at an authentic Chinese eatery west of the Ashley River, and don’t forget our list of Charleston’s top 50 restaurants, which has a couple newcomers, including a locals’ favorite all-day breakfast eatery and Vivian Howard’s first Charleston venture.
Hungry yet? If not, you will be soon. —Parker Milner
In this issue of DISH
- Dish Dining Guide Summer 2021
- Berkeley’s bringing elevated diner-inspired fare to North Central
- Brasserie la Banque serves up classic French food with a laid-back ambiance
- West Ashley’s Old Li’s is certainly authentic, and it’s just what Charleston needs
- Warden: Becoming the chef of my own restaurant
Stay cool. Support City Paper.
City Paper has been bringing the best news, food, arts, music and event coverage to the Holy City since 1997. Support our continued efforts to highlight the best of Charleston with a one-time donation or become a member of the City Paper Club.