You like your Spoleto fresh? These shows are making their Spoleto debuts tonight. Catch ‘em on their first nights in town.
* Always, Patsy Cline (a show that always seems to be on the Piccolo line-up) starts its run at the Music Hall today at 3 p.m. There’s a reason it keeps coming back.
* Lucinda Childs’ Dance is at the Gaillard at 8 p.m. We hear watching this show is a bit like being stoned. And tickets start at $10. (Which, I’m pretty sure, is a bargain if that’s the feeling you’re after.)
* Brazilian songstress Fabiana Cozza performs at the Cistern at 9 p.m. Bring your dancin’ shoes, because you might be inspired to jump out of your chair and get your samba on.
* Comedy fans have some tough choices to make: Three major shows start their runs tonight. There’s One Man Star Wars Trilogy at the American Theatre at 7 p.m., Man 1, Bank 0 at the American at 8:30 p.m., and Cook County Social Club at Theatre 99 at 10:30. If you’re ambitious, you can hit ‘em all.
* The free Beach Bash Block Party, hosted by the Spoleto interns, is at 7 p.m. in from of the U.S. Custom House. The Explorers Club will be doing their best Beach Boys impression.
Stay cool. Support City Paper.
City Paper has been bringing the best news, food, arts, music and event coverage to the Holy City since 1997. Support our continued efforts to highlight the best of Charleston with a one-time donation or become a member of the City Paper Club.